Thursday, November 5, 2015

Peace to my followers I missed you!








THIS IS A BUSINESS...MAN!

I live in Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love, the city where so many businesses have left yet everybody is a businessman/woman. I work in media, that's a short way of one lining all the things I actually do in media. Many of you know me as a filmmaker, Producer and writer, others know me as an entertainment consultant, part time anyway. I've been around and through it, at the very least I know what it is when I'm in it, and so do many of you, but for the one's who don't, this is what I mean. Several Philadelphian's have set out to become, in the entertainment business that is, become rappers, consultants, singers, managers, branders, promoters, filmmakers, music video directors, show hosts, TV hosts, and so on. But in this Valley we call "entertainment business" and "media" there are wolves who work in the valley, and they are sort of like a filter, that filters Out, and what gets through is less than entered. Maybe this is a good thing, but unfortunately, many would be or will eventually be singer, rapper, director, etc, are taken on their route to success, taken for fools, taken for gullible, taken for there money that's the big one, and it all mostly leads to dissolution. And I resent it. My having managed a film production internship at Temple University for 7 years (ended 2012) I've had the pleasure of being around several filmmakers, editors, actors and actresses, and working for a record label, have been and am around several young rappers, singers, musicians and so on and naturally have an affection for what they go through, especially when they are mislead. At another time, I will do a detailed blog on this because a few paragraphs could not in any way cover what's on my mind right now but I will say this one thing, which is representative of this whole thing and that is this:
Whatever it is you do, rapper, singer, songwriter, musician, filmmaker, makeup artist, blogger, webmaster, PA, whatever, At that point which someone, or company comes to you now, to represent you or your intellectual property in any way, now known or later devised, YOU MUST totally check out who you are dealing with, especially if they talk a good game, do this, because most unfortunately are full of shit and most people don't check people out. I promise you, what I am saying is true. Listen, the person, male or female thats really real, will always not really need you :) thats a fact, half of them will almost be too busy to deal with you in the first place or thirdly, will be someone who has the talent to and understanding to and the contacts to represent you but will be reluctant. That is some small truth but hard truth. Artists out there ALL ARTISTS whatever you do, I'll call it art for the sake of this blog, please consider what I've said here. Not everybody is that"Businessman", my friends, who so-call represent the business you want to be in and make your mark in in. 

Till next time,

Peace to you and thank you for reading my blog.
Syesmind

No comments:

Post a Comment